The New Testament clearly indicates that groups of people who were followers of the Lord Jesus Christ identified themselves with, and committed themselves to a particular local body. In order to implement the principles of accountability and commitment to the local body of Christ, as defined in the New Testament and practiced in the early churches, Harvest Bible Chapel recognizes the need for formal membership. Membership at Harvest Bible Chapel is for all who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and have visibly demonstrated that commitment through believer’s baptism.
How Do I Become A Member?
1.Your first step would be to attend Party with the Pastors. This informal gathering is a great first step towards plugging in at Harvest. If you are investigating Harvest, or have recently decided to make Harvest your church home, then PWTP is for you!
2.The second step would be to complete Harvest Essentials, which gives you a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Once this is completed, you’ll be able to join a small group.
3. Upon completion of Harvest Essentials, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior who has expressed that commitment visibly by being baptized, should indicate their desire for membership on the membership application form given at the close of Harvest Essentials. Complete this form and return it to the office for further review and follow up.
4. Once the application for membership is received the next step is an Elder interview. During the meeting with a church Elder, you as a prospective member will share your testimony of conversion to Christ, your baptism, and ask any remaining questions about the church.
5. Your name will be placed in the e-news for a period of four weeks. During this period members will be encouraged to clear up any relational or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry among us. This is done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17 so that both you and the Harvest family will benefit.
6. At the end of the four week period approved candidates will be welcomed into membership.
What are my responsibilities as a member?
1.I have by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
2. I am committed to worship Christ. As part of my worship-lifestyle, attending Sunday services at Harvest is a high priority for me. Further, I am financially supporting the ministry of our church by giving back to the Lord a biblical portion of my increase.
3. I am continuing to walk with Christ and in fellowship with other Christ-followers through regular and personal study of the Bible, prayer, personal witness, involvement in a small group and by avoiding criticism of others and always seeking to biblically resolve any conflict in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17.
4. I am at work for Christ and have found my place of service at Harvest. I am committed to fruitful ministry by using my spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
If you sense God leading you to become a member of Harvest Bible Chapel please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our church’s constitution You can also CLICK HERE for a membership application form. Note that the detailed Harvest Bible Chapel Membership Covenant is attached to this form.