At Harvest Youth we’re all about seeing every youth grow into a life-long, mature, disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:18-20). This involves:
- Intentionally fostering a daily relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines (1 Tim. 4:7)
- Understanding the Gospel, and sharing it with boldness (Eph. 6:19-20)
- Thinking biblically (Rom. 12:1-2)
- Growing in Christian virtue (Prov. 10:9)
- Becoming a productive contributor in society (Col. 3:23)
- Serving as an active member within the local church (Rom. 12:3-8)
- Being prepared to cultivate a biblical family life (Eph. 5:22-6:4)
Who’s invited? Grade 6-12 students (all students must be born within the years 1999-2005).
When do I need to be there? Where am I going? The middle of September to early June, 6:45-9:00 pm, at Woodland Christian High School on Wednesday evenings. The parking lot that we enter is the one nearest to Victoria St. When you arrive at 6:45 you will be welcomed and introduced to other youth and your small group leader.
On various weeks we may be meeting at a youth social, prayer meeting, or outreach. Check the church calendar, Facebook group, or email email@example.com for more information.
What do you do? Everyone hangs out for the first 15 minutes, then we will usually play a large group game, sing praises to God, hear from the Word of God, and then we break off into gender and grade specific small groups.
The messages are similar to the style preached on Sunday; they are straight out of the Bible, and are taught in a way you can understand and apply the passages to your own life.
Feeling nervous about coming? We want you to know that you will be welcomed and cared for. You will meet other Christian youth, have fun, and be challenged to grow in your worship of Jesus Christ!
We can’t wait to see you at Youth!
“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.”-2 Peter 3:18